DashVibe

Jack Sonni Died: Know His Cause of Death?

Guitarist Jack Sonni, a talented musician recognized for his skills on the guitar, has sadly passed away on August 30, 2023, at the age of 68. He was a familiar face on the vibrant music scene in Greenwich Village. Jack Sonni leaves behind a legacy of musical excellence.

Who Was Jack Sonni?

Jack Sonni was born on December 9, 1954, in Indiana, Pennsylvania. He was a multi-talented American. He was not only a musician but also a writer and a marketing executive. His most notable role was as “the other guitarist” in the famous band Dire Straits during the time when the album “Brothers in Arms” was a big hit. Jack Sonni chose to reside in Taylor, Mississippi.

Jack’s fascination with music began when he was quite young. He started by learning the piano, then the trumpet, before eventually switching to the guitar at the age of 14. He loved the sound and feel of the guitar so much that he decided to leave the University of Connecticut, where he was studying literature, in order to enroll at the Hartford Conservatory of Music. This move was driven by his deep passion for the instrument and the music it could create.

Jack Sonni Died: What Was His Cause of Death?

Jack Sonni, also known as Jack, passed away unexpectedly, leaving behind a sense of sadness. The cause of his death remains a mystery at this moment. We will share more details about what happened as soon as we receive more information about the circumstances of his passing. The DSL (Dire Straits Legacy) group conveyed this message on their official Facebook page:

“Dear fans, unfortunately, Jack Sonni will not be able to participate in our next gigs because of health problems.”

– Wrote by DSL Dire Straits Legacy

Jesse Edwards, a close friend of Jack, shared a touching tribute on the same Facebook post. He expressed the loss by saying,

Lost another good friend today. Jack Sonni played guitar for Dire Straits back in the day, and was the first person to sell me weed in Mississippi when I couldn’t find any. One of the nicest dudes you could ever meet. He will be missed by many around the world.

– Wrote by Jesse Edwards

Read this also: Singer Brian McBride “Stars Of The Lid” Died At the Age of 56

Obituary And Funeral Arrangements

The family of Jack Sonni will be sharing his obituary and details about his funeral arrangements in due time. Right now, the family is taking the necessary time to heal from this loss. Once they feel prepared, they will provide updates regarding the plans for his funeral.

Tributes to Jack Sonni

Armand D’Isselt Wrote, 

Man. I can’t believe this but I guess it’s true. Jack Sonni was like a big brother to me. He introduced me to so much in guitar, in music and in life. Got me my first job and showed me the ropes of adulthood. He was an extremely kind brother and funny as hell. You will be greatly missed, Jack.

Lili Anel Wrote, 

I just read that guitarist Jack Sonni passed away. He was a well-known on the Greenwich Village music scene. He ran the jam at Kenny’s Castaways not long before joining Dire Straits. He was a fine guitarist. He was always decent to me. I think the last time I saw Jack was years ago at Manny’s on 48th Street when I was buying strings. Safe travels, Jack.

ncG1vNJzZmiqkZ%2ButLDEp6uapJOkua2xxp5lnKedZLeir8pmqqimnp56pbXEnWY%3D

Fernande Dalal

Update: 2024-05-09