DashVibe

Grant Wahl Rainbow: Mystery Behind Rainbow T-Shirt

According to his wife and the United States Soccer Federation, one of the most prominent soccer reporters in the United States passed away on Friday while covering the quarter-finals in Doha. 

This reporter made headlines earlier this summer when he has detained at the Qatar World Cup for wearing a rainbow shirt. 

Through his colorful reporting over a decade at Sports Illustrated and, subsequently, at CBS Sports, Grant Wahl, now 48 years old, contributed to the growth of soccer’s popularity in the United States.

According to NPR, Wahl passed out in the press tribune as the match between Argentina and the Netherlands drew close on Friday. 

According to the Wall Street Journal, Wahl experienced a heart attack. It received the patient cardiopulmonary resuscitation before being transported away on a stretcher.

Grant Wahl’s brother insisted him to wear a rainbow shirt

“Hello there, my name is Eric Wahl. I call Seattle in the state of Washington home. I am the older brother of Grant Wahl. In a video he shared on his Instagram account before making the account private, he came out as homosexual. I’m the one who convinced him to go to the World Cup in that shirt with the rainbow on it. My brother did not have any illnesses. He disclosed to me that he had been the target of death threats. It’s hard for me to accept that my brother has already passed away. I suppose he has slain. And please, provide me with any assistance you can”.

Because Wahl was wearing a shirt depicting a soccer ball surrounded by a rainbow, he was first denied entry into Ahmad bin Ali Stadium and held for thirty minutes before the United States Men’s National Team’s World Cup match versus Wales. After some time, he was permitted to enter the stadium.

Grant wahl had a murder?

Eric Wahl, the brother of deceased soccer journalist Grant Wahl, claims that his brother “was slain” during a demonstration in support of the LGBTQ+ community and that he believes that there is a possibility that the government of Qatar was involved in the death of his brother.

Last month, Grant asked security to remove the LGBT pride jersey he was wearing to get entry to the opening match between the United States and Wales. As a result, Grant was not allowed to attend the match. Eric Wahl believes that the Qatari government may have been involved in his brother’s death.

Grant, 48, passed away on Friday, December 9, while reporting Argentina’s victory against the Netherlands in the quarterfinals of the FIFA World Cup. At the Lusail Iconic Stadium, he suffered a medical issue and needed to be rushed to the emergency hospital.

There is no way of knowing if he died on the way to the hospital or was already there when he passed away. The news that Grant had passed away was broken by Grant’s brother, Eric, on Friday, December 9.

ncG1vNJzZmivp6x7t7XZmpqaZpOkunCz0ZqlrWWnlrWtedGaoKean6x8

Brenda Moya

Update: 2024-05-06